Subject: Re: [oiic-formation-discuss] Profiles

2008/6/17 Shawn <sgrover@open2space.com>:

> There has been some talk about defining a "profile".  If I were to say "I
> want to test the visual rendering of an ODF 1.1 spreadsheet" - would that
> work as a high level profile?  Or do we need to get right down specifying
> sections of the standards definition?
>
> Further to that, the idea that a "subset profile" or "sub profile" can only
> remove features from the base profile.  I believe this may help to make our
> jobs easier.

Or the other way round? The base could be a minimal document?
Then profiles build on that.

I have not seen any definition of a profile in the ODF context.
I might interpret it as application profiles?
web based
tactile (braille) based
mobile based

Profiles as sub (super?) sets of some set of the ODF schema?

Lots of options, very little definition Shawn?

Perhaps it may be easier to require profiles be addressed by the TC
giving only a broad outline of what they might be?