Subject: Re: [oiic-formation-discuss] PROPOSAL -- Name change for proposed TC

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 9:10 AM, Jon Tullett > I'm not clear on what
you were trying to accomplish by bringing him
> up, but if you want to know where Mark Shuttleworth stands on ODF,
> just ask him - he is very responsive by email, and has publicly voiced
> strong views on ODF and interoperability.

He surely has, which is precisely why I asked the gentleman whether he
was was speaking on behalf of the Ubuntu Foundation when he objected
to the name change to align this proposed TC with the interop
requirements laid down by eGov in the E.U.

My concern was that Mr. Shuttleworth's and the Ubuntu organization's
reputations might be injured if a Ubuntu representative was saying
things that could blow back on them. I am well aware of Mr.
Shuttleworth's commitment to interoperability and open standards.

Had that been the case, I would have alerted Mr. Shuttleworth. I have
nothing but respect for Mr. Shuttleworth's work and that of the Unbutu
organization.

> If you'll excuse the completely shameless plugs,

No excuse required. Plug away! Those of use who hang out on the
EUG-LUG mailing list plug Ubuntu products shamelessly. :-)

Best regards,

Paul

--
Universal Interoperability Council