Subject: Re: [oiic-formation-discuss] The importance to users of documents looking the same

2008/6/20 Sander Marechal <sander.marechal@tribal-im.com>:
> Can use-cases be included in the charter or does it need to be formal
> standards language? I think it would be useful if we could draw up a few use
> cases and ask the TC to deliver formal ODF profile requirements that satisfy
> those use cases. I.e. we just tell the TC "what" we want and leave the "how"
> to the TC.

Very well stated.

For layout perfect, I don't think we are in a position to say what we want
since it is not in scope for ODF (v.latest).

I could support Radoslavs position, yet I hear people on this list support
pixel|layout perfect (visual similarity) as an interop issue, e.g. with respect
to indexing. Perhaps there is a middle ground between wysiwyg and PDF?
Page breaks are certainly an issue here.

I can only suggest the TC be asked to look at this and report back on
how this might be addressed via the standard, as a deliverable.