Subject: Re: [oiic-formation-discuss] The importance to users of documents lookingthe same

marbux <marbux@gmail.com> wrote on 06/20/2008 08:03:48 PM:

> > The proposed TC can certainly reuse parts of existing open standards.  ODF
> > itself does this in many places with MathML, XForms, etc.  I think the
> > proposed TC should, as one of its initial tasks, take a broad look at
> > profiles and profile conventions from OASIS, W3C, ISO/IEC, etc., and create
> > an "ODF Profile Requirements" documents that state the TC's agreed-upon way
> > of writing profiles.
>
> Not good enough for me. You ask that I trust the big vendors who
> created the interop mess. I do not and I have solid grounds for not
> trusting them. .

Paul, I've fully factored in to my expectations that you will not be satisfied with the proposed charter of the OIIC TC, and that you will complain vociferously, whine on your blog and perhaps find a gullible journalist with a deadline to spill some lies on.  So I'm no longer going to bother to convince you.  You appear to be taking an absolutist position that only you can be right, and that if your solitary position is not taken, then everyone else is wrong, and that I in particular are enveloped in conspiracies.  I'm not going to waste my time trying to please unreasonable people.  If you can find 5 OASIS members to agree with your views, then all the power to you.  You can then submit a TC proposal that meets your approval.  That's your prerogative.  But remember, you're not the only one with that same prerogative.

-Rob