Subject: Re: [oiic-formation-discuss] Features, abstract features, and precise element semantics to limit lock-in

I realized after sending off the parent email that this thread http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/oiic-formation-discuss/200806/msg00647.html is realted to the idea of specifying features fully but without using formal language.

Arguably it's doable though not sure how the lack of formality might interplay with third party accreditation groups and others. See also: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/oiic-formation-discuss/200806/msg00678.html