Subject: RE: [oiic-formation-discuss] IRC Channel created and registered

Paul,

I might add that when I was on the IRC channel Sunday morning, we discussed these matters.  We decided that we could log the channel and post the logs to the discussion list if it was pertinent.  One of the things about IRC, though, is that it is usually a bit more informal, and generally just a "hey, I have a quick question about something Dave said on the list.  Is it true that we have to sign up for OASIS to be a member of the TC?" sort of thing.  Most of the discussions on IRC do not reach agreements, but are informational only.  They serve to allow people to clarify their positions.  I have been using IRC for about twelve years, off and on, and I have never seen any real decisions made from IRC chatter.  And certainly none that are binding.  Since email is signed, all email messages bear witness to what is said, and provide a record for accounatbility purposes.  I guess that is why instant messenger clients are banned by the state government here.  It's kind of hard to hold "Cuddlebunny456" accountable for telling "FatElfGirl23" to delete someone's social security number from the fraud list.  By the way, if those nicknames exist, I haven't seen them, but they may.

Other topics that were discussed were:
scheduled chats on some topics that may require clarification
unscheduled chats
channel rules
channel availability
who the ops(moderators) were to be.
What the exact scope of this TC was.
General confusion
US and world politics.
Time zones

I don't know if I missed anyting there, but as you see, nothing was really decided in detail.  IRC is just a means to get more information.

Garry L. Hurley Jr.
Application Developer 2
Office of Information Technology - Bureau of Application Development
PA Department of Labor & Industry
651 Boas Street, Harrisburg, PA 17121
Phone: 717.506.9373 (UCMS) or 717.346.9799 (Harrisburg)  Fax: 717.506.0798  Mobile: 717.649.0597
www.dli.state.pa.us <http://www.dli.state.pa.us>

My comments do not reflect those of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, its various agencies and departments, or its citizens.  They are my own, and may or may not be shared by those in positions of authority over me.