Subject: Can we turn on list moderation now?

2:25 PM -- Thomas Zander, OASIS member and member of the ODF TC makes his first post to this discussion list.

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/oiic-formation-discuss/200806/msg00767.html

4:42 PM -- Paul "Marbux" Merrell attacks Thomas personally, questioning his motivation and his character, while throwing random, off-topic accusations.  I'd also question whether his repeated statements about "breaking monopolies" and similar topics risks running afoul of OASIS anti-trust policy.

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/oiic-formation-discuss/200806/msg00771.html

This list is failing its intended purpose if a new participant receives personal attacks like this within 2 hours of his first post.  This is OASIS, not alt.talk.conspiracy.ufo.

Is there something that can be done about this?  After repeated warnings, I see no change in Mr. Merrell's behavior.

I believe the pace of traffic has slowed to the level where moderation would not be onerous.

-Rob

Rob Weir
Software Architect
IBM Software Group