Subject: Re: [oiic-formation-discuss] Code walkthrough

"Dave Pawson" <dave.pawson@gmail.com> wrote on 07/01/2008 04:37:18 AM:

> Are tests to include code-walk-through?
>
> 3.1.1 Conforming applications may use the generator string to work
> around bugs that exist or existed in certain applications, but shall
> not deliberately implement a different behavior depending on a certain
> generator string.
>

> Seems to be a fix-up to cater for some kludge spotted some time back.
>
> Suggest such testing be put out of scope explicitly within the
> charter. Impractical and subjective.

If there are cases like that which are not testable based on easily observed external characteristics of the application, then I suggest we note the test case, but state that it is untestable in our test requirements document.  I'd rather not skip it entirely, otherwise we have no easy way to distinguish provisions of the standard which we overlooked versus ones that we decided we could not test.

-Rob