Subject: Re: [oiic-formation-discuss] My perspective. display perferct?

2008/7/1  <robert_weir@us.ibm.com>:

>> On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 7:33 AM, Dave Pawson <dave.pawson@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I think I'm doing a Rob Weir.
>>
>> Proposal for consensus: Please respond if you support it.
>>
>> "There will be no deliverable addressing the ideas of 'pixel perfect' as
>> used on this list. "
>>
>> Please respond or you'll have one mans version of consensus.
>>
>> worksforme (ODF != PDF)
>>

> I would not put a restriction in the charter against such a deliverable.
>  But I'd agree that we have no basis for including in such a deliverable at
> present.
>
> I think we will want the charter will be written broadly enough to cover
> current and future versions of ODF.  We cannot know what features will be
> in, say ODF 2.0.

-10

Absolutely disagree. If you want to scope the TC work for the next 123
versions of ODF, then ..... get IBM to do it.

That is not workable at all.

The TC needs something tangible to work with.
If future versions of ODF change then the TC will need re-chartering to
cater for that.

Otherwise they have an open ended ticket guaranteed  to fail.

No Rob.

You've seen as big a consensus as we've had (Paul excepted).

If you won't act on that then please say so