Subject: Re: [oiic-formation-discuss] My perspective. display perferct?

Dave Pawson <dave.pawson@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Could you suggest some reasons why the proposed TC would not want to have a
> > charter that takes into account the ODF 1.2 work which is already nearing
> > completion?  Is there a particular advantage to ignoring this work?
>
> Simply because it isn't an Oasis standard at this time of writing.
> If, when the TC is constituted, 1.2 is the current Oasis standard,
> then quote that.

Given that the charter cannot be redefined later, and it seems silly to constitute a new TC for interop with a standard that's likely 90% the same at worst, I don't see why versions need to be specified.

Thinking about it further, it also doesn't seem reasonable to require that something be a standard before the TC can consider it. To be of most value to vendors and to promote best interop, it seems obvious to me to work on standards which are not yet finalized. Surely the best point at which to raise interop concerns with a standard is before it's finalized/ratified?

Workload should be a separate matter - it's one of available resources/prioritization, and that would be better done by the TC than the charter in my opinion.

Thanks

Simon.

Not happy with your email address?.