Subject: Re: [oiic-formation-discuss] Value and danger of extensions

--- On Sun, 7/13/08, jose lorenzo <hozelda@yahoo.com> wrote:

> From: jose lorenzo <hozelda@yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: [oiic-formation-discuss] Value and danger of extensions
> To: oiic-formation-discuss@lists.oasis-open.org
> Date: Sunday, July 13, 2008, 9:42 AM
> --- On Sun, 7/13/08, Peter Dolding <oiaohm@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > From: Peter Dolding <oiaohm@gmail.com>
> > Subject: Re: [oiic-formation-discuss] Value and danger
> of extensions
> > To: hozelda@yahoo.com
> > Cc: oiic-formation-discuss@lists.oasis-open.org
> > Date: Sunday, July 13, 2008, 9:11 AM
> > People should not be complaining about having there
> not

> Perhaps we should have instead specified the intro xml tag,
> an ODF specific tag, and then made everything else a foreign
> element... which must be preserved ... or not.. do as you
> wish. Thank you for playing.
>
> At less than 10 pages in total length, the dummies at OASIS
> could have saved themselves a lot of paper and us a lot of
> reading.

Quick note, these two paragraphs were total sarcasm since 600+ pages obviously would not have been written for no other reason than because it was a rainy boring day outside. Centralization *under the right circumstances* can work. We do, for example, generally "centralize" into standards for a very good reason.