Subject: Re: [oiic-formation-discuss] My perspective. display perferct?

Dave Pawson wrote:
> 2008/7/15 Bart Hanssens <bart.hanssens@skynet.be>:
>> So it's not only about extensions / foreign elements and attributes.
>

> If you accept 'foreign' to be
> content  in an other namespace and
> content in (one of )the odf namespace but not an element/attribute in the schema
>
> then
>   it's all the same.

Mmm, maybe I'm lost here, but I don't think this is exactly the same...

For example, slide transitions in presentations use smil-compatible
(note the "compatible"), and the smil:type attribute is part of the RNG
schema, so I wouldn't call it "foreign".

Some implementations simply drop it from slide transitions when opening
and saving the presentation (without changing anything from the user's
point of view), while they do preserve the xmlns:smil declaration and
even support smil animation on the slides themselves.

So here "foreign" means something like "ODF element / attribute
representing a feature not directly supported by the implementation"

(Per the current spec, this is acceptable behavior... See also 15.1.3 on
style:*-properties: "Conforming applications in general should preserve
both, pre-defined and custom formatting attributes and elements when
editing the document". They only _should_ preserve things...)

Just my 2 cents,

Bart