Subject: Re: [oiic-formation-discuss] TC formation proposal.

Please pardon my 99 but I think we need it in there.  If the document
become unreadable to the people doing the testing and producing the
reports it becomes just another nightmare document.   Simpler the
document more likely it can be translated to other languages as need
and keep its meaning.

12 might be part of 1.

13-14 most likely overlap.  Both will have to layout the rules on what
each is trying to deliver.
Peter Dolding

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 6:35 PM, Dave Pawson <dave.pawson@gmail.com> wrote:
> Below, and attached as text file.
> Proposal, for discussion. I don't know what deliverable to add for the
> acid tests. Suggestions please.
>
> TIA DaveP
>

> In conformance with
> http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process-2008-02-05.php#formation
>
> TC formation proposal.
>
> 1a. Name
> OASIS ODF Interoperability and Conformance (IIC) TC
>
> 1b. Statement of Purpose
>
> The ODF community has recognised interoperability and interpretation
> of the ODF specification as an issue. This TC is chartered to address
> interoperability of ODF implementations.
>
> 1c. Scope of Work
>
> The TC produces conformance and interoperability specification for the
> ODF specification. The TC will not produce such software. Work will
> focus on the most recent Oasis ODF standard, reviewing later releases
> as appropriate.
>
> This work will deliver on the following:
>  * A test specification for ODF
>  * An interoperability specification for ODF
>
> Other related work in this area is recognised.
>
> 1d. List of Deliverables
>

> 1.* Produce a report on the current state of ODF implementation
>  interoperability; strengths, weaknesses and recommendations for
>  future improvement.
> 2.* Research best practices on profiles and produce a report on ODF
>  Profiles.
> 3.* Produce an "ODF Conformance Test Requirements" document detailing
>  how each atomic item in the standard is to be tested for conformance
>  of an ODF document and of an ODF application to the ODF standard.
> 4.* A definition of a normalized/canonical ODF instance used to support
>  a comparison tool.
> 5.* To consider and provide, if applicable, relative priorities to tests
>  or groups of tests?
> 6.* The TC shall deliver a definition of c18N above and beyond w3c c18N,
>  to include such as style variations and any other relevant
>  considerations for the purposes of supporting interop testing.
> 7.* To consider and provide, if applicable, relative priorities to tests
>  or groups of tests, one test or test group with another
> 8.* To define how test documents are to be collected for use in testing.
> 9.* A means of identifying extensions to ODF and adding an warning
>  comment to the test output"
> 10.* The specification of an FAQ, if appropriate, targeted at
>  interoperability and conformance issues
> 11.* A specification of interoperability addressing XML code level
>  interoperation.

12.* Creation of central lists of documented and non documented
extensions to ODF found that are not part of the standard.  Until
equal is provided by the ODF standard body.
13.* Implementer usable testing systems.(Complete Test of Standard)
14.* End User Standard Conformance Verification.(Acid Tests)

99.*  Off the Street Human Readable Charter.