Subject: Re: [oiic-formation-discuss] Draft Interoperability and ConformanceTC formation proposal (0.2)

Peter Dolding wrote:
> Production of software not needed for testing also not fine.

Peter, this is the sticking point.  This TC will NOT be doing any tests.
    Only providing the DEFINITION of what tests can be done to check
conformity and interoperability.  The intent is that these definitions
would then be used by third party testing shops, or developers.

I see the TC as defining the requirements (in terms of the traditional
software life cycle), then handing the resulting documents to developers
(by making them available) who will then write code to meet the
requirements.

Of course, this is only my take on the conversations that have taken
place.  Perhaps I've missed something and am wrong.

Shawn