Subject: Re: [oiic-formation-discuss] Welcome!

2008/8/9 Dennis E. Hamilton <dennis.hamilton@acm.org>:
> Dave,
>
> I was responding to what I saw in reviewing early discussions: apparent interest or assumption that the scope was beyond ODF IIC to other IIC.  I just put down my preference for confining the new TC to ODF IIC (that is, specifically the OASIS Open Document Format Standard, ODF 1.x, x = 0, 1, 2, ...).

I think you're with the majority in that (though we all have wishlists
for ODF +n :-)

> I probably should have waited to have reviewed the archives completely, but at least this also demonstrated that the list is active and I have registered properly [;<).

Just gone over 1000 emails, so it would take you a while.
It's been v.quiet recently.

> With regard to the ODF IIC Technical Committee Formation document on Google, I am not prepared to comment yet.  I like the mention of profiles though.  You'll see that I am pretty serious about that.

We did too, though they aren't defined/absolutely clear, hence the
need to leave it up
to the TC to make use of them.

> I'll hold back further posts until I have finished consuming the archive.

Don't be too long. Rob is nearing ready to push his version to the main Tc.