oodf-board message

Subject: Proposal to form Samvera FaaS

Board members,

The OODFÂBoard of Managers have approved the submission of the attachedÂproposal to form the Samvera Foundation as a Series of OASIS Open Development Foundation, LLC

This proposal is presented under the OASIS Open Foundation Operating Rules which defineÂthe process for forming a series foundation. https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/foundation-as-a-service/#initiation

These rules allow the OASIS Open Board 15 days to object to this proposal once it is transmitted here. Alternatively, the Board may move to accept the proposal - effectively ending the review process and signalling the Board's support of the proposal directly. We prefer the latter.

With the availability of the upcoming Board meeting, I have asked the Executive Committee to allow consideration of the attached proposal and the following motion:

The OASIS Open Board moves to accept the formation of the Samvera Foundation to be formally known as OASIS Open Development Foundation, LLC, Samvera Foundation Series under the proposal posted atÂhttps://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/board-plus/download.php/68402
As you review this proposal in preparation of considering the above motion, the staff welcomes your email discussion so we can be prepared for a swift and confident vote next week,

Thanks!

Scott...Â

--

ScottÂMcGrath