oodf-board message

Subject: Fwd: OMF - GDPR Q&A - Process and fee quote

Jamie,

Do we have any interest is directing OMF's GDPR inquiry to our law firm? see the attachedÂthread which touches on the work and a proposed flat fee proposal
---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Jascha Franklin-Hodge <jascha@openmobilityfoundation.org>
Date: Fri, Apr 23, 2021 at 7:44 AM
To: Scott McGrath <scott.mcgrath@oasis-open.org>
Cc: Michael Schnuerle <michael@openmobilityfoundation.org>, Cathie Mayo <cathie.mayo@oasis-open.org>

Hi, Scott.

Heads up that we're likely going to want to engage with a lawyer in France to help us put together some guidance documents related to GDPR. Compliance with GDPR has emerged as a crucial sticking point to MDS's expansion in Europe, and we think it's a worthwhile investment to help grow MDS usage and membership with EU-based cities and companies.

This work is conditional upon a European commercial member (Vianova) joining the OMF, something they have indicated that they intend to do. Hopefully within the coming weeks.

Since I'm about to head out on parental leave, I'm CCing Michael Schnuerle who will be my proxy on this. I'm hoping that you can work with him on the operational details, and turn the proposal into a SOW/contract once we're ready to move forward.

Thanks,

Jascha Franklin-Hodge
Executive Director