oodf-board message

Subject: Re: Formation acts, internal controls, etc ... [Samvera]

Cathie, I can ink, scan, and email if you need that. Pls let me know.

On Fri, Apr 23, 2021 at 12:30 PM Jamie Clark <jamie.clark@oasis-open.org> wrote:
 I will defer to Cathie, but in my limited experience, some banks already think series LLCs are weird, even though it can be validated by reviewing the LLC Operating Agreement. So making it pretty might help.
 Maybe Cathie already has her bank charmed on this one duer to OODF or OMF. But if not, if Chet could scan and send one with an ink-like Chet scribble, either on a blank one or over mine already there, it might help her get past the teller.
  Cathie, banking authority resolution already in hand?  Scott is a manager and obviously should be able to sign and bind the LLC ... but if there's flak, another piece of paper with three sigs would do it.
 In other Samvera but non-bank news, were we also waiting for a Lyrasis (sp?) transfer or assignment of the "Samvera" TM to the new foundation? It would be nice at least to have someone's assurance that this is coming, as we start using the name. See below.  J

James Bryce Clark, General Counsel, OASIS Open, setting the standard for open collaboration

On Fri, Apr 23, 2021 at 8:37 AM Chet Ensign <chet.ensign@oasis-open.org> wrote:
Attached is a copy with my e-signature typed in. Let me know if you need a different kind of signature on it.Â

/chet

---- earlier TM thread ----
From: Jamie Clark <jamie.clark@oasis-open.org>
Date: Thu, Apr 8, 2021 at 9:08 AM
Subject: Re: LYRASIS - Trademark Applications for SAMVERA and SAMVERA and Tree Logo in Canada.
To: Scott McGrath <scott.mcgrath@oasis-open.org>
Cc: <oodf-board@lists.oasis-open.org>

If I understand right (though that's not certain here), their TM problems named here are not something like a competing 'tree' logo user, but rather,
  • a federal CA TM examiner with a technical bitch about the scope, and
  • some delays in transferring from Fedora Commons.ÂÂ
If I have that right then our job is simply oversight to make sure
  • they are handling things OK and not facing fatal flaws,
  • they (and thus OODF) are not facing litigation, and
  • whatever needs to be legally transferred to the new foundation is being handled.
So no, not a takeover.Â
Seems to me I should have a brief phone chat with Heather. Is that feasible and are we pestering her a lot?

James Bryce Clark, General Counsel, OASIS Open, setting the standard for open collaboration