oodf-board message

Subject: Re: LYRASIS - Trademark Apps... SAMVERA and... Tree Logo in Canada.

ÂÂÂ Dear Heather:Â I hope you and Samvera are finding your new home with us agreeable so far!Â
ÂÂÂ Scott asked me to reply to this;Â apologies for the long trailing list of CCs below, but I did want you to see what he forwarded to me.Â
ÂÂÂ He will see this message as well (as our "oodf-" mail-alias spools to the foundation LLC managers, including him and me) ... but I suspect he might be very happy to hand it off, and play hooky from the next set of trademark-ese messages :)ÂÂ
ÂÂÂ Our role here is just to stay aware of Samvera's assets post-transition, and offer suggestions where we can, but not to get in-between you and your counsel.Â
 At first glance, my impression is that you've encountered some administrative issues with managing trademark transfers and filings, but not any active outside challenges to them. Can you and I set a time to confer briefly, so I can confirm that understanding?
ÂÂ Normally I am on US Pacific time, and my visible calendar can be seen here:Â https://is.gd/jamieclarkÂÂ Could you suggest a time or two when we could chat, sometime in the next few weeks?

Cordially Jamie

James Bryce Clark, General Counsel, OASIS Open, setting the standard for open collaboration

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Scott McGrath <scott.mcgrath@oasis-open.org>
Subject: Fwd: LYRASIS - Trademark Applications for SAMVERA and SAMVERA and Tree Logo in Canada.
To: James Bryce Clark <jamie.clark@oasis-open.org>

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Heather Greer Klein <heather@samvera.org>
To: Scott McGrath <scott.mcgrath@oasis-open.org>

Hi Scott,

I wanted to share this update on our (very long) journey to our trademark in Canada. The attorneyÂwe have been working with via LYRASIS is recommending we amendÂour description, and the $700 cost isn't outrageous. But I know the Samvera Board will want me to run this by OASIS first. Do you recommend that we go ahead and continueÂworking with this attorney, or is this something else we should do as a FaaS project? The deadline is in August so it isn't a rush to decide.

Thanks!

Heather
-----
Heather Greer Klein (she/her/hers)
Samvera Community Manager
Working from Durham, NC (US Eastern Time Zone)