oodf-board message

Subject: Fwd: Tariff for Foundation services

Appended here FYI is the original thread in which Scott offered a cleaned-up list of the core services provided by OODF (the "Host LLC") to each FaaS foundation. This was the source for and is background to the OASIS-OODF Master Services Agreement.  (See separate email on that.)
Regards Jamie
James Bryce Clark, General Counsel, OASIS Open, setting the standard for open collaborationÂ

Excellent! Many thanks.
Have a great weekend.
Geoff
Get Outlook for Android

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Scott McGrath <scott.mcgrath@oasis-open.org>
Date: Fri, Mar 22, 2019 at 12:00 PM
Subject: Re: Tariff for Foundation services
To: Geoff Arnold <geoff.arnold@lacuna.ai>
Cc: Chet Ensign <chet.ensign@oasis-open.org>, Todd Petersen <todd@ellis-and-associates.com>, Jamie Clark <jamie.clark@oasis-open.org>, Juanita Pinno <juanita.pinno@lacuna.ai>

Hi Geoff.

In summary, the "core services" fee covers:

Launching a new Foundation
As a subseries LLC under OASIS Open Development Foundation,Â

Corporate Governance:

> Strategic Counsel on setting up your new FoundationÂ
> Assistance with the creation of bylaws, membership agreements, charters, etc
> Implementation of IPR Policy
> Corporate Filings for Subseries LLC

Accounting & Finance Support:Â

BankingÂ
> Establish Checking and/or Savings Accounts
> Establish Merchant AccountsÂ
> Reconciliation of Bank Accounts

Billing ServicesÂ
> Invoicing Members
> Collection and deposit of dues payments

Payment Services
> Process Vendor Invoices, Expense Reports and other Accounts Payable as necessaryÂ
> Process All Payments

Financial Reporting and Management
> Develop Annual Budget
> Financial Reporting Monthly, Quarterly and AnnualÂ
> ForecastingÂ
> Cash Flow Analysis
> Expense Monitoring
> Compliance Filing & Reporting

> Corporate Annual Filing Fees (as required)
> Federal and State Filings (as required)
> Preparation for AuditÂ
> Audited Financial Statements
> Tax Reporting, IRS Form 990
> Financial document maintenance
> Misc 1099 reporting for consultants

Member Services Support:Â

> Process membership applications
> Provide outreach support to new members
> Maintain Member Database
> Provide monthly membership status and activity reports

IT Service SupportÂ
>Typical Website Hosting
> Domain Registrations

Fees:Â Min $50,000 up to $625,000 in revenues
Plus 8% over $625,000 in revenues

Most of the other/optional services can be estimated once we get a better sense of what is needed. As you note they conceivably range dramatically in the absence of a detailed understanding of the expectation.

Does that help?

Scott...