oodf-board message

Subject: Comments re: [Compiler Partners] Re: MDS 2.0 schema work proposal

Hello Michael and Andrew. Scott forwarded this to me; apologies that this took a couple of days to touch and reply.
I have inserted suggestions into the Google Doc draft agreement. (A fixed copy as annotated also is attached.)
THOSE edit suggestions presumably are visible to your contractor, but THESE email comments are not.
I remember Kegan. So:
regards, Jamie
mobile 1-310-293-6739

James Bryce Clark

General Counsel & CPO

OASIS Open

jamie.clark@oasis-open.org
Xing  LinkedIn  Twitter  Mastodon Â
Setting the standard for open collaboration

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Michael Schnuerle <michael@openmobilityfoundation.org>
To: omf-staff <omf-staff@openmobilityfoundation.org>, Scott McGrath <scott.mcgrath@oasis-open.org>
Cc: Cathie Mayo <cathie.mayo@oasis-open.org>

Hi Scott,

Back in September 2021 we had a companyÂcalled Compiler do some MDS work for us. We are asking them to do some more work and have a scope of work and agreement draft.Â

They did bring up some valid questions about the licensing and ownership language in the agreement. Here are their suggested edits from their lawyer since the OMF will not own their work and the work is open source.Â

Let me know what you think and if this is acceptable, or feel free to leave comments and suggested edits of your own directly in the document.Â

Thanks,

Michael Schnuerle
Director of Open Source Operations