oodf-board message

Subject: Re: OF: E.D. admin accounts (new GSuite)

ÂÂÂ Nice!ÂÂ Good thing the Chinese didn't buy it I guess.
 FWIW the Lacuna team (I think it was their Victoria, who set up most of the website etc., and did a lot without notifying us) said they would get it signed over to OMF. I even signed something for her, though this is all pretty vaguely in the mists of 2019 time. Apparently not.Â
 As I recall all the domain notifications went to omf.exec.dir@gmail.com. Which Jascha took over.
 Geoff originally set up email on Fastmail and lists for them on groups.io for a while. Jascha hated it, thus the GSuite switch. We used omf_admin@openmobilityfoundation.org before that.
 I don't know if Jascha changed either of those passwords. I might still have access to them if not. But it sounds like you are holding the tail of the right tiger, now.
 So for the future, if we do any more foundations/entities/whatever, maybe we need a "always allocate one admin slot to OASIS staff" control rule, to protect future similar recovery paths. Similar for OOEF. If Gershon had required that Pim do that, with OOEF, we could have recovered that 12-18 months earlier, even though Pim refused to give Guy the account info. (In contrast, I assume that with OPs, for the usual Github repos and Wordpress sites, we're always somewhere in the superadmin chain.)
 cheers J

James Bryce Clark, General Counsel, OASIS Open, setting the standard for open collaborationÂ