op-advisory-council message

Subject: Re: [OASIS Open AC] Updates & FYIs

On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 4:41 PM Jory Burson <jory.burson@oasis-open.org> wrote:
Hi there, AC members!

Wanted to give some updates on a few things we have in theÂworks, for those who may be wondering:
  • Executive Director Search:ÂThe OASIS Board of Directors interviewed three amazing candidates last week at their board meeting in San Francisco. I really don't know how they will decide, or when exactly, but I'm betting that's something we'll be announcing by the end of the month. Carol and I are really appreciative of your suggestions, referrals and support!
  • CC-0 Conversation: We also remain grateful for your input on this question. There are some very unique circumstances that do require the contributing organization to release the project under CC-0, so we've asked our Board of Directors to review (and vote to approve) this license.ÂWe believe that the other policies we have in place for Open Projects are sufficient to cover any patent concerns. The goal is to then re-license that project under Apache 2 as soon as it is feasible to do so. I'll definitely keep you posted on this issue as well!
  • Panel at Open Source Leadership Summit: I have not heard whether this has been accepted, so my assumption is that it was not. I hope AC members in attendance will plan to get together anyway, and have a glass of wine or cup of coffee for me!

Hi Jory, thanks for the updates.

If by Open Source Leadership you mean the Linux Foundation event now renamed to the "Member Summit" this year at Lake Tahoe; I did receive confirmation that a talk I submitted was accepted - along with a few others I am aware of (and therefore the panel you submitted may have not been).Â

Cheers,

Deb

Looking forward to talking with you all (and maybe seeing you) soon. Hope you are all well!

Jory

--
OASIS Open Projects Program Manager
Pronouns: She / Her

--

DeborahÂBryant

Senior Director Open Source Program Office

Office of The CTO

Red Hat

dbryant@redhat.com ÂÂT:Â650.254.4033ââ ÂÂIM:Â@debbryant

@redhatopen