op-advisory-council message

Subject: RE: Developer Bounty / Incentive Program examples?

I believe the bug bounty contest that jQuery UI did long ago was extremely effective and is what got me involved in open source. Happy to go into detail about how it worked with you if you donât remember as I think you were involved then too, or I can lay out how it worked on this thread if others are interested I just didnât want to throw all of that in this message if folks didnât want a long email. 😊

Kris

From: op-advisory-council@lists.oasis-open.org <op-advisory-council@lists.oasis-open.org> On Behalf Of Jory Burson
Sent: Thursday, January 21, 2021 9:54 AM
To: op-advisory-council@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: Developer Bounty / Incentive Program examples?

Hello, dear AC,

One of our Open Projects will receive a sizable financial contribution, for the purposes of developer incentives (bug bounties, hackathon prizes, etc). They are looking for ideas about how to award the funds in a way that best engages the community and demonstrates transparency. Setting specific platforms aside (such as opencollective), we wondered if the AC had examples of this working really well. I fear the group may make this a more complicated process than necessary, and having some examples or insight from this group to share would be highly appreciated.

Warmly,

Jory

--

Jory Burson