op-advisory-council message

Subject: Update on New Proposed Strategy Working Group

Hello Advisory Council members,

Weâve been doing some more brainstorming here at OASIS on how to get you folks more engaged in the overall strategy efforts for the organization.

To that end, Iâll be circulating a proposal to our Board of Directors next week which calls for the formation of a Strategy Working Group, which Iâd love to see as group that combines interested OASIS Board members and anyone from this group who may also be interested in participating.  My initial thought was that these meetings would be 1 hour every 2 months to start, but that could adjust based on what the group thinks after meeting a couple of times.

The goals of the group would be:

1) Help evaluate new technology/business areas OASIS should pursue projects in
2) Brainstorm on potential partnerships/collaborations with other foundations
3) Evaluate and assist with creation of new product/services offerings
4) Assist in determining/validating overall strategic direction for OASIS

Obviously, this is not an exhaustive list, and we are definitely open to the group broadening its scope depending on participant interest, but this should be enough to get started.

My goal (after stabilizing things through the pandemic) has always been to get you folks more involved, in a manner similar to when Open Projects were created.  With the recent shift in some OASIS Board positions, I think now is a great time to get this cross-functional group started to utilize the expertise you all have to offer.

Please do let me know privately if youâre interested, and Iâll follow-up after our Board meeting on September 7th.

Take care everyone and thanks for your support!

--

Guy Martin

Executive Director
OASIS Open