openc2-actuator message

Subject: RE: [Non-DoD Source] Re: Preparing for the Face to Face: Profile scope and breadth

By all means, set up your straw poll and update the CRM to capture the email link

From: duncan sfractal.com <duncan@sfractal.com>
Sent: Saturday, December 29, 2018 9:58 AM
To: Brule, Joseph M <jmbrule@radium.ncsc.mil>; 'openc2-actuator@lists.oasis-open.org' <openc2-actuator@lists.oasis-open.org>
Cc: 'Everett, Alex D' <alex.everett@unc.edu>; OpenC2CoChairs <openc2-committee-chairs@lists.oasis-open.org>

Joe,

Readers may imply from the following that SLPF-24 was not a PR comment:

The following issues were identified prior to the Public Review, but were not closed.  I would like to allocate 30 minutes at the F2F

         Profile scope and breadth (SLPF-24)

I would like to point out that https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/openc2/email/archives/201812/msg00038.html is a PR comment on this topic. Yes it existed prior to PR, but it is also a PR issue. I would also like the link to this email included in CRM.

I think 30 minutes would be too short for all the topics you proposed in that section. Ideally Iâd like something like https://wiki.oasis-open.org/openc2/CommandIdStrawPoll set up for this issue (I can do if you want) to provide a straw poll of where people stand. If a lot of people answer in a way that itâs obvious Iâm a minority then I will give in gracefully. But if itâs only a few of us either way, or if many people feel as I do, then I think this topic would rate 30 min. I do think we are making a fundamental mistake setting an incorrect precedent for future Atcutator Profiles (ie combining what I consider incompatible functionality in one profile as evidenced by no products today in the very large firewall market do âbothâ the profiles we are combining). Yes we can correct in future if Iâm correct (why I will give in if Iâm only one who thinks this way because just like when I wrote an equivalent email to this one on âit should be JSONâ to CTI back when STIX 1.0 picked XML, I believe time will prove me correct). My reason for wanting the straw poll is to understand where people stand. There is a difference between ânot objectingâ when someone proposes something and being for something. The F2F when this was discussed was scheduled for a time I could not attend so I would like time at this F2F to make my case unless itâs obvious from the strawpoll that everyone understands the issue and itâs just me.

Duncan Sparrell

sFractal Consulting LLC

iPhone, iTypo, iApologize

I welcome VSRE emails. Learn more at http://vsre.info/