openc2-actuator message

Subject: Re: description for SBoM AP template request

  • âShould this be ".... Software Bill of Materials Handling"? "Retrieval"?â
    • Excellent point. SLPF describes the functionality. In this case the functionality is the ability to retrieve the SBoM so âSoftware Bill of Materials Retrievalâ is probably best

The abstract is great. Thank you

Duncan Sparrell

sFractal Consulting LLC

iPhone, iTypo, iApologize

I welcome VSRE emails. Learn more at http://vsre.info/

From: Dave Lemire <dave.lemire@g2-inc.com>
Date: Wednesday, December 11, 2019 at 9:53 AM
To: "duncan@sfractal.com" <duncan@sfractal.com>, Alex Everett <alex.everett@unc.edu>, David Kemp <Dkemp@mobility-challenge.com>
Cc: OpenC2CoChairs <openc2-committee-chairs@lists.oasis-open.org>, "oasis.oc2.apsc" <openc2-actuator@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject: description for SBoM AP template request

Related to my previous email:  At yesterday's AP-SC meeting Duncan Sparrell agreed to edit a proposed Software Bill of Materials (SBoM) Actuator Profile. To request the template, I need certain data, so this email is to coordinate the details. Also, in keeping with our current specification development processes, I assume I'm requesting this template be in Markdown format.

Work product title and version number:  Open Command and Control (OpenC2) Profile for Software Bill of Materials, Version 1.0

Should this be ".... Software Bill of Materials Handling"? "Retrieval"?

Work product abbreviation: ap-sbom

Track: Standards Track Work Product

Abstract:  Open Command and Control (OpenC2) is a concise and extensible language to enable the command and control of cyber defense components, subsystems and/or systems in a manner that is agnostic of the underlying products, technologies, transport mechanisms or other aspects of the implementation. Software Bill of Materials (SBoM) is an emerging set of standards for identifying and listing software components, information about those
components, and supply chain relationships between them. This profile defines the Actions, Targets, Specifiers and Options that are consistent with the version 1.0 of the OpenC2 Language Specification ([OpenC2-Lang-v1.0]) in the context of Software Bill of Materials handling.

Editor(s):  Duncan Sparrell

NOTE: I'm not sure how to handle the reference to the L-Spec version, since we kind of envision this to be a post-1.0 thing, but I don't think I can refer to a document that doesn't exist or is even in development yet.

Dave

David Lemire, CISSP

Systems Engineer

HII Mission Driven Innovative Solutions (HII-MDIS) â formerly G2, Inc.

Technical Solutions Division

302 Sentinel Drive | Annapolis Junction, MD 20701

Email: dave.lemire@g2-inc.com

Work: 301-575-5190 | Mobile: 240-938-9350