openc2-comment message

Subject: [public review feedback] TC Admin comments on three OpenC2 specifications - csprd01

Members of the OpenC2 TC,

Congratulations on publishing the initial group of specifications for Public Review!

In preparing your specifications for public review, we encountered the following items that we bring to your attention.

OpenC2 Language Specification Version 1.0
(http://docs.oasis-open.org/openc2/oc2ls/v1.0/csprd01/oc2ls-v1.0-csprd01.pdf)
- (PDF page 8 line 22) In section 1.5.1, the reference to section 1.4 should refer to either 1.2 or 1.3. (1.2 is probably better).
- There are a number of opportunities for hyperlinked cross-references among sections in this document, which would likely be helpful to readers.
- Items fixed during publication - need to be addressed by TC in the future:
-- Acknowledgments section needs to have appropriate names (we listed entire TC as of November 5 for csprd01)
-- Table 1-1 is corrupted in the markdown version, with extra rows (instead of two lines in one row/cell) for parenthetical statements - we fixed for the PR - inserted <br> tags to correct this. (The TC should correct the process for generating markdown, or inspect/correct after generation, for future publications)

Specification for Transfer of OpenC2 Messages via HTTPS Version 1.0
(http://docs.oasis-open.org/openc2/open-impl-https/v1.0/csprd01/open-impl-https-v1.0-csprd01.pdf)
-Â (PDF page 18 line 6)Â reference in first line of Annex B to the Language Spec refers to discussion of "head information", but in current CSD07/CSPRD01 of Language Spec, that discussion is no longer present (apparently changed between CSD05 and CSD07/CSPRD01).

OpenC2 Profile for Stateless Packet Filtering Version 1.0
(http://docs.oasis-open.org/openc2/oc2slpf/v1.0/csprd01/oc2slpf-v1.0-csprd01.pdf)
- (PDF page 10 line 11) Table 1-1 text "(this specification)" seems misplaced in row with "Language Specification" - should be under "Actuator Profiles" or removed. (Table apparently copied unchanged from OpenC2 Language Specification.)
- many of the items listed in the Normative references are not actually cited in the document.
- There are a number of opportunities for hyperlinked cross-references among sections in this document, which would likely be helpful to readers.
- Next two items were corrupted during the TC's translation from Google docs to markdown, but were fixed during this publication:
(The TC should correct the process for generating markdown, or inspect/correct after generation, for future publications)
-- "Table 2.2.1-2. Status Codes" appears corrupted - in the markdown (Markdown does not allow bulleted lists inside tables, apparently.) we fixed this for the PR, using asterisks for the bullets.
-- Table 1-1 is corrupted in the markdown, with extra rows (instead of two lines in one row/cell) for parenthetical statements - we fixed for the PR - inserted <br> tags to correct this.

Best regards,
Paul
--
Paul KnightÂÂ-ÂTel: +1 781-883-1783
OASIS - Advancing open standards for the information society -ÂDocument Process Analyst