openc2-comment message

Subject: RE: EXT :[openc2-comment] Comments on transf-mqtt-v1.0-csd04.md

Mr. Banks,

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on our specification. I have some thoughts regarding your comments.

I believe the items you mention for 2.2, 2.6, and 3.3 are clear from the content of the MQTT v5 specification, and Iâd been taking the approach of not explaining such items. Does your experience indicate that these are particularly useful to clarify?

WRT to section 2.8 and Will Messages, section 3.1 includes several related requirements, specifying

  • Will Flag = FALSE
  • Will QoS = 0 (zero)
  • Will Retain = FALSE

and stating âOpenC2 Producers and Consumers MUST NOT populate any of the CONNECT payload fields related to the MQTT Will Message.â As section 2 is non-normative, I donât believe adding âmust notâ language there would represent a meaningful change.

Dave

David Lemire

IA Systems Engineer

Technical Solutions

302 Sentinel Drive | Annapolis Junction, MD 20701

Work (301) 575-5190 | Mobile (240) 938-9350