openc2-imple message

Subject: RE: [Non-DoD Source] RE: [openc2-imple] Proposal for an open repository for "general info"

Agree with Duncan in this matter.   Suggest we keep the OpenC2.org page static and have a link to the OASIS open repo

From: openc2-imple@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:openc2-imple@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of duncan@sfractal.com
Sent: Monday, January 22, 2018 2:15 PM
To: dave.lemire <dave.lemire@g2-inc.com>
Cc: openc2-imple@lists.oasis-open.org; Chet Ensign <chet.ensign@oasis-open.org>; Robin Cover <robin@oasis-open.org>

I'd propose we 'develop' the webpages under OASIS in an OASIS repo following their rules.

Where we get the content from is up to us (so using previous openc2.org is one potential and valuable source - albeit it needs updating).

Unless the owner of the domain (which btw is G2 so you get a say in it) gives openc2.org to OASIS, then I propose openc2.org be the one linked to OASIS not vice versa. Ie if we maintain repos under OASIS rules and develop the content, then owner of openc2.org can link to or be a copy of the OASIS content. This gets around the issue if the owner of openc2.org stops paying their fees to own the domain as well as solves the membership rules differences between Forum and OASIS.

In other words, I still think we need the OASIS open repo.

Duncan Sparrell

sFractal Consulting LLC

iPhone, iTypo, iApologize