openc2-imple message

Subject: Open source repo status for 21-Mar IC-SC meeting

One of the IC-SC chartered tasks is maintain the open source repo’s.
Since I will be on leave of absence for the 21-Mar IC-SC meeting, I will provide status via email.

Ocas
I maintain the ocas repo and there has been little activity. Personally I’m waiting for the language specification controversies to settle before updating to whatever gets decided. I will commit to updating ocas once we have at least one agreed-to thread. It’s counter-productive to code a guess of outcome given the structural changes being considered.

Lycan-beam
Hopefully at the time of the meeting, the TC vote will have based and openc2-lycan-beam will go into the queue to be created. I gave a presentation at the beam conference yesterday with a brief mention of OpenC2 on beam and it was well received. I will start work on it once I get back from vacation in a few weeks, but will still have the structural issues I mentioned in ocas. Hopefully most of that will get worked out by the time I return.

Duncan Sparrell
sFractal Consulting LLC
iPhone, iTypo, iApologize