openc2-imple message

Subject: IC-SC Topics at F2F: timing, read-ahead, suggestions

IC-SC Members: I'm trying to help Joe Brule in planning the F2F agenda, and he's requested tentative timing for the IC-SC topics. Feedback by COB today would be helpful, but don't hold back if you get to this later.

Drawing from Joe's presentation at today's TC meeting, the IC-SC has the following topics for the F2F. I've assigned my best guess at times but would appreciate feedback, especially for any you think I've underestimated the time needed. Also feel free to suggest additional items:
  • (60 min) Repository Review;Â
    • ID conflicts with Version 1.0 and get well plans
    • Need a systematic review
  • (15 min) IA Considerations as a potential Committee Note
  • (30 min) New Transfer Specifications (MQTT, OpenDXL, CoAP, others?)
  • (30 min) 'Relationship To'

From today's IC-SC meeting, the open repo listÂ(GitHub link) to be considered is as follows, divided into repos I expect will be active and those I believe are now historical:
  • active
    • openc2-jadn-software
    • openc2-lycan-beam
    • openc2-ocas
    • openc2-lycan-java
    • openc2-lycan-python
    • openc2-oifÂ
      • will host oif-orchestrator
    • openc2-compatibility
    • (new) openc2-"CAP"Â
      • need to change name due to a conflict with a existing OASIS standard called CAP
      • Will host oif-device and other custom AP submissions
  • historical
    • openc2-reactor-master
    • openc2-reactor-relay
    • openc2-pub-sub-on-bsd
    • openc2-yuuki
    • openc2-orchid

And here's the Relationship To ...Â(OASIS wiki link) background info:
  • List can be found on the IC-SC Wiki page, subpages have descriptions
  • https://wiki.oasis-open.org/openc2/ImplementationSubCommittee#Activities
  • STIX Course of Action (OASIS CTI TC)
  • MISP (Malware Information Sharing Platform - MISP Project)
    • Open Source Threat Intelligence Platform &
    • Open Standards For Threat Information Sharing
  • OSCAL (Open Security Controls Assessment Language - NIST)
  • IEP (Information Exchange Policy - FIRST)
  • Tubinia (Google project)
  • OpenDDS (Data Distribution Service - OMG)
  • ONAP (Open Network Automation Platform)
  • ROLIE (Resource-Oriented Lightweight Information Exchange - IETF RFC 8322) [no wiki page yet]
The wiki has sub-pages with some addition information for most of those candidates.

Also, please consider the lists of repos and Relationship To topics as potential read-ahead items to get smarter about prior to the meeting in order to facilitate useful discussion.

Dave
--
David P. Lemire, CISSP
HII Mission Driven Innovative Solutions (HII-MDIS, formerly G2, Inc.)