openc2-imple message

Subject: Simplified MQTT Topic Structure

After much consideration and discussion, I've decided to simplify the proposed default topic structure for MQTT. I created a feature branch and a PR w/in my fork, so you can see the revised version here:
https://github.com/dlemire60/openc2-transf-mqtt/blob/fewer_topics/transf-mqtt-v1.0.md#22-default-topic-structure

and the diff from the CSD01 text here:
https://github.com/dlemire60/openc2-transf-mqtt/pull/2/files

Note that the potential exists to use the OpenC2 message structure TO: field and command structure ACTUATOR: field to define a more limited scope of intended recipients than the topic structure defines, albeit with a requirement for the Consumer to dig into the message to make that determination. There isn't yet any language in the draft addressing this aspect.

If you have use cases for MQTT publish/subscribe that aren't adequately addressed with this structure please bring them forward.

Dave

David Lemire

Systems Engineer

HII Mission Driven Innovated Solutions (HII-MDIS)

Technical Solutions Division

1557174172863_PastedImage

302 Sentinel Drive | Annapolis Junction, MD 20701

Work (301575-5190 | Mobile (443) 535-1182