openc2-lang message

Subject: Github for Glossary v2

I'm using the semantically pedantic one and I realize I may cause some confusion so I'm resending this with hopefully better wording since Oasis doesn't use private githubs.

As editor of the glossary I was thinking of trying an experiment. Unless anyone objects I was going to convert the glossary to markup and use the OASIS TC github to keep track of changes and versioning.

Why am I doing this? Several reasons. One being just to get familiar with the TC OASIS github since I don't think we have anything else in the OpenC2 TC using it. We have the open source software going into the open OASIS githubs and I thought it would be worth knowing how to use the TC OASIS github as well. Another reason is I do think git is better at version control than google docs. Using github would provide a history of the changes and the comment field on the committs allow reasons and who approved to be included. I also think it will be easy for people to suggest changes (fork, pull, approve) with clear history of who proposed and who approved.

Using the glossary (ie not our highest priority effort) seemed like a good document to experiment with (plus I'm the editor so I'd have to do the work).

If there is no objection, I'd like the Language SC (owners of the Glossary) to agree and to propose this to the full TC at the August meeting. I believe it will take a TC vote to creat the Glossary github site.

Comments? Agree? Disagree?

Duncan Sparrell
sFractal Consulting LLC
iPhone, iTypo, iApologize