openc2-lang message

Subject: Pull request for glossary 0.1.04 for 'producer/consumer'

I won't bog down the openc2 Language SC (LSC) email with every update to the glossary because we have hundreds of terms to define and we've agreed each term (or small group of closely related terms) gets it's own version update.

I will post each one on the #glossary openc2 slack channel. If you are interested, then please join that channel. I will also report out all changes at the weekly LSC meeting. And obviously we will bring the completed product first to the SC and then to the whole TC for approval so you will get to review again.

Since we are just getting started, I'm posting this 'first substantive change' to this list so people know to join the slack channel and/or attend the weekly LSC meeting. If no one objects within a few days, then the pull will be accepted (ie incorporated into the draft) and we'll move on to the next terms.

The terms 'producer' and 'consumer' (and definitions) were added to section 3 ("the" dictionary) and section 2 ("use in context") along with a figure in section 2. The change has not been accepted yet (it's a github 'pull' request) and the changes can be viewed at https://github.com/oasis-tcs/openc2-glossary/pull/6/files. What the changes will look like when accepted can be viewed on my fork (ie where I drafted the changes) at https://github.com/sparrell/openc2-glossary/blob/master/glossary.md#2-context and then you can even click on the superscript 'def' on consumer and producer (and openc2 and command) and it will bring you to those definitions in the dictionary section.

Comments would be preferred on the slack channel but you are also welcome to comment on this email if you can't get on slack.

Duncan Sparrell
sFractal Consulting LLC
iPhone, iTypo, iApologize