openc2-lang message

Subject: Re: [openc2-lang] RE: [Non-DoD Source] RE: [openc2-lang] New properties

I agree completely with Dave Kemp and Allan Thomson. The approach Allan's describing is consistent with the OpenC2 design-principles-and-assumptions briefing. Slide 5 describes being OpenC2 being agnostic regarding transport, authentication, integrity controls, etc., in order to enable flexibility w.r.t. implementation.

Much of this is described and discussed in the IA Implementation Considerations documentwhich I would envision would be transformed into an OASIS Committee Note.  It's a good read, and not nearly as long as the L-Spec!

What I believe needs to be worked out in the IC-SC is how we provide guidance for achieving interoperability with appropriate IA characteristics, without actually creating OpenC2 transport and IA specifications, which would conflict with the design principles described above.

Dave