openc2-lang message

Subject: RE: ISO 15926 for Cybersecurity

Superb!

I look forward to talking in person. Perhaps more than once.

tc

From: Shawn Riley <shawn.p.riley@darklight.ai>
Sent: Monday, April 29, 2019 10:11 AM
To: Considine, Toby <Toby.Considine@unc.edu>; openc2-lang@lists.oasis-open.org

At Integrated Cyber on May 2-3 I’ll be giving a joint presentation with R9B on Modern A.I. Expert Systems for Active Defense and explaining how the expert system uses W3C OWL2 (DL) standardized knowledge representation language to create ontologies. We have ontologies to represent enterprise assets, sensor output, ontologies to represent the layers of cyber terrain, ontologies to represent the cyber effects matrix (CEM), ontologies for cyber dictionaries like CAPEC, CWE, and CVE, ontologies for modeling threats like STIX v2, ODNI Cyber Threat Framework, and the NSA/CSS Technical Cyber Threat Framework. We also have ontologies that are being developed by the wider cybersecurity community such as the Unified Cyber Ontology and the Cyber-investigation Analysis Standard _expression_ (developed by the DFIR community). We also have SWRL ontologies that encode human expert experience in reasoning that can be applied to any knowledge in the knowledge base such as rules for reasoning over STIX data, rules for reasoning over the NSA/CSS Technical Cyber Threat Framework, rules for converting sensor observations to STIX, rules for reasoning over the layers of the cyber terrain, etc.

Happy to chat more about ontologies (knowledge representation and reasoning) and how we’re using them in the cyber domain. If you’re at Integrated Cyber this week we can chat in person, otherwise we can find a time to chat online.

Best,

Shawn

Shawn Riley

Chief Visionary Officer &

Technical Advisor to the CEO

DarkLight, Inc.

Email:  shawn@darklight.ai

www.darklight.ai

/var/folders/yq/92cmrbms6836nn7wcplcylcm0000gn/T/com.microsoft.Word/WebArchiveCopyPasteTempFiles/cidA34D49DB-AC95-9240-9256-DE72F24E71C2.png