openc2-lang message

Subject: Errata examples and Process

This information is also posted to the #language channel on Slack:
https://openc2-community.slack.com/archives/C2QMQDCBV/p1571251469002200

Per discussion at the 16ÂOctober TC, I went looking for some example errata documents. Here are three recent ones:
And the errata portion of the TC Process guide:Â
Âhttps://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process-2017-05-26#errataÂ

Dave Kempâs PR identifies a set of changes that should be captured in an errata document, but they aren't the errata document, as it needs to be a stand-alone work product.ÂHopefully we don't get beyond one errata, but the DITA Errata 02 example includes all of the changes from Errata 01 as well, broken out in a separate section.Â

It might also make sense to ask our leading implementer, Brian Berliner, if he's got a list of errata to compare to DaveK's.

And a reminder that anything constituting a Material Change is a v1.1 item:
"Material Change" is any change to the content of a Work Product that that would require a compliant application or implementation to be modified or rewritten in order to remain compliant or which adds new features or otherwise expands the scope of the work product.
Dave
--
David P. Lemire, CISSP
HII Mission Driven Innovative Solutions (HII-MDIS, formerly G2, Inc.)