openc2-lang message

Subject: Re: [openc2-lang] Comments of Note from the Actuator Profile subcommittee: New Language Element

I agree we define the term âswidâ as 4 characters that go in a certain field in OpenC2, but our TC does not define the âblob of textâ in the response to any greater detail than to say itâs âswidâ.

I didnât fully understand:

âif we start to have CBOR (say) Application Profiles, do we want them to reference the Language Spec for compatibility, or do we want them to reference the SBOM Application Profile for compatibility. I think the App Profileâ

I suspect we can kick that can down the road when we have the specific case. I thought CBOR was a serialization/transfer/transport mechanism and I would advocate the mapping of language terms to âcodesâ for CBoR would be in the Language Spec just like the JSON is. I thought that is what the âIDâ field was for.

Iâm not sure what a âApplication Profileâ is, but I donât think the SBoM Actuator profile would define the CBoR codes unless they were very specific to SBoM. As I said in the other mail, Iâm for the terms being defined in the Language Spec. But we can address what is in Language vs Transport vs Actuator in the future with actual text and it will be easier to discuss.

Duncan Sparrell

sFractal Consulting LLC

iPhone, iTypo, iApologize

I welcome VSRE emails. Learn more at http://vsre.info/