openc2-lang message

Subject: Topic for next LSC meeting?

All,

This is a paste of a slack message I sent.

A topic to consider for the next Language SC meeting:
At one time we had an ability to send a query to an actuator and have it return its schema. We hit some snags on this so we deferred it to post 1.0.
Based on what I saw at the plug fest, there appears to be value in having this capability. Can we propose the notion of a 'query features schema' command and have the actuator send respond with a standards based schema? If so, what format? JSON-schema (still in draft)? ABNF (RFC 5234)? Others?

I know the next LSC meeting is a few weeks out, but it won't hurt to think about it in advance.

VR

Joe B

Joe Brule
Engineering (Y2D122)
FNX-3, B4A335
410.854.4045
'Adnius ad retinedam puritem noster peciosus corporalis fluidorum...'
I welcome VSRE emails.  Learn more at http://vsre.info/