Subject: Re: [openc2] Standing Rules of the OpenC2 Technical Committee

I don't see anything in this wording that concerns me.

Dave

David P. Lemire, CISSP
Systems Engineer, G2, Inc.
302 Sentinel Drive, Suite 300
Annapolis Junction, MD 20701
Mobile: 443-535-1182
Office: 301-575-5190
Email: david.p.lemire.ctr@mail.mil (for FOUO)

On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 1:41 PM, Brule, Joseph M <jmbrule@radium.ncsc.mil> wrote:
All,

Recall that we had our kickoff on June 7, 2017 and at that time we adopted a
standing rule (rule 2) with unanimous consent.  It is logical to have a rule
(rule 1) regarding the standing rules.    I also included a standing rule
regarding agenda items (rule 3)

Please consider this wording.  If there are no objections to the wording,  I
will ask the Executive Secretary to post rule 2 on the OpenC2 TC homepage.
If there are no objections to the wording of rule 1 or rule 3 I will set up
a ballot.

Thank you and please advise,

Very Respectfully

Joe Brule

==== Tear line ====

In addition to the rules defined by the OASIS TC Process and Roberts Rule of
Order, the OASIS OpenC2 Technical Committee has adopted a set of standing
rules to facilitate the execution of the day-to-day business of the
Technical committee.

Rule One;
SUSPENSION OF STANDING RULES FOR THE DURATION OF THE MEETING
1. The rules of OASIS or Roberts Rule of Order cannot be suspended as they
are not standing rules and always apply.
2.  During the course of a meeting, a standing rule may be suspended for the
duration of a meeting. A motion to suspend a standing rule is not debatable
and must be called to question immediately.  The rule will be suspended if
any of the following criteria are met;
3. By a vote of 2/3 majority of the voting members present without prior
notice
4. By a simple majority vote of the voting members present with prior notice
5. By a ruling of both co-chairs

Rule Two;
CONSIDERATION OF ARTIFACTS PRESENTED BY A SUBCOMMITTEE TO THE COMMITTEE AS A
WHOLE
1.  All artifacts must be provided to the Executive Secretary no later than
seven days prior to the meeting of the technical committee.  The topic may
be added to the agenda upon approval of the co-chairs or by proposal by
members of the TC as described in Rule Three of these standing rules.
2.  Prior to consideration, the chair will call for objections.
3.  Any member present may object.  An objection must include a brief reason
for the objection.
4.  Any other member present may support one or more objections
5.  If a threshold of 25% or more of the members present object, then the
committee will take it as sufficient cause to send the artifact back to the
subcommittee for further deliberation.
6.  If the threshold is not met then a motion to consider the artifact may
proceed
7.  If the artifact is called to question, the voting members present may
accept, reject or send the artifact back to the subcommittee for further
deliberation.

Rule Three;
CONSIDERATION OF AGENDA ITEMS FOR COMMITTEE MEETINGS
1.  All members may propose agenda items to the technical committee by
providing a summary of the item to the executive secretary no later than
seven days prior to the meeting.
2. All agenda items are subject to the approval of the co-chairs.

Joe Brule
Engineering (Y2D122)
FNX-3, B4A335
410.854.4045