Subject: RE: [openc2] Standing Rules of the OpenC2 Technical Committee

All,

I think that we can address the comments/ concerns as follows:
I removed the ability of the co-chairs to suspend Rule one
I changed para 3 and 4 to i and ii in rule one
I modified paragraph 1 to reflect that the artifacts must be made available to the TC in advance of the committee meeting.
I changed rule 3 to only require five days.

After the proposed standing rules, I pasted in a draft 'generic' agenda which I believe addresses some of the concerns Duncan identified.

==== tear line for standing rules====

	In addition to the rules defined by the OASIS TC Process and Roberts Rule of
	Order, the OASIS OpenC2 Technical Committee has adopted a set of standing
	rules to facilitate the execution of the day-to-day business of the
	Technical committee.

	Rule One;
	SUSPENSION OF STANDING RULES FOR THE DURATION OF THE MEETING
	1. The rules of OASIS or Roberts Rule of Order cannot be suspended as they
	are not standing rules and always apply.
	2. During the course of a meeting, a standing rule may be suspended for the
	duration of a meeting. A motion to suspend a standing rule is not debatable
	and must be called to question immediately. The rule will be suspended if
	any of the following criteria are met;
	i. By a vote of 2/3 majority of the voting members present without prior
	notice
	ii. By a simple majority vote of the voting members present with prior notice

	Rule Two;
	CONSIDERATION OF ARTIFACTS PRESENTED BY A SUBCOMMITTEE TO THE COMMITTEE AS A
	WHOLE
	1. All artifacts must be provided to the Executive Secretary no later than
	seven business days prior to the meeting of the technical committee.  The topic may
	be added to the agenda upon approval of the co-chairs or by proposal by
	members of the TC as described in Rule Three of these standing rules.  If approved as an agenda item, the executive secretary will provide the artifacts to the members of the TC no later than three business days prior to the meeting of the technical committee.
	2. Prior to consideration, the chair will call for objections.
	3. Any member present may object. An objection must include a brief reason
	for the objection.
	4. Any other member present may support one or more objections
	5. If a threshold of 25% or more of the members present object, then the
	committee will take it as sufficient cause to send the artifact back to the
	subcommittee for further deliberation.
	6. If the threshold is not met then a motion to consider the artifact may
	proceed
	7. If the artifact is called to question, the voting members present may
	accept, reject or send the artifact back to the subcommittee for further
	deliberation.

Rule Three;
	CONSIDERATION OF AGENDA ITEMS FOR COMMITTEE MEETINGS
	1. For items that are not artifacts as referenced in rule two, all members may propose agenda items to the technical committee by
	providing a summary of the item to the executive secretary no later than
	five days prior to the meeting.
	2. All agenda items are subject to the approval of the co-chairs.

===== tear line 'persistent' agenda ======

*       Roll call:  (five minutes)

*       Approve minutes of previous meeting (1 minute)

*       Subcommittee reports:  (five minutes each)

*       Status/ Resolution of Actions:  (variable, but if done correctly, should be single digit minutes each)

*       New Business:  (Variable but should be less than 10 minutes each)

*       New Action item review (five minutes)

*       Adjourn

By my arithmetic, this is about 45 minutes which leaves some slop in the agenda if an item becomes contentious.  Sub-bullets will be added IAW the topics de jour

===== old email chain