Subject: Re: [openc2] Standing Rules of the OpenC2 Technical Committee

On 15.06.2017 14:01:14, duncan@sfractal.com wrote:

> I interpret Bret, Allan, and Trey's comments that they objected to
> the formality of the approving the agenda but not to the concept
> that first thing on agenda is to see if anything should be added to
> agenda - but they can speak for themselves if I am misinterpreting.

Exactly, Duncan, well said.

Policies are like organizational scar tissue, reflecting institutional
going, overloading our development process with formal policies and
procedures strikes me as akin to an autoimmune system attacking the
body; it's certain to adversely impact our agility.

Approaching this question with the perspective of lessons learned from
a couple of years of observing what worked and what didn't in the CTI
TC, I see wisdom in defining a minimal set of P&Ps to give a bit of
structure. Robert's Rules are great, but I don't want to see our
development velocity hampered by folks pedantically going down "point
of order" rabbit trails.

--
Cheers,
Trey