Subject: OpenC2 Monthly TC procedureal update.

All,

I had an offline email exchange with Chet Ensign and he is OK with what I am about to propose.

BACKGROUND:  We have monthly TC meetings that are full business meetings and count toward voter eligibility.  The meeting occurs at 11:00 eastern and at 21:00 eastern.  The agendas are identical.  We have the 'dual' times to facilitate participation for our members in Asia-Pacific.

ISSUES:  The 'dual time' slot for the same meeting brings up three issues

Issue One:  If a person is not available on a particular day, then from a 'kavi' point of view, two meetings were missed.  From a reality point of view, only one 'agenda' was missed.

Issue Two:  This is a mirror of issue one.  Theoretically, a person could attend both meetings on the same day and prematurely get voting rights.  I really doubt anyone would do this, but it is theoretically possible.

Issue Three:  A quorum requires greater than 50% of the voting members, but the two time slots 'dilutes' the participation.

PROPOSED WORK AROUND:
The monthly TC that occurs at 11:00 will be handled normally and ask the participants to record their attendance via kavi.
We will ask the participants at the 21:00 instance of the meeting to record their attendance. The next morning, I will manually enter the 21:00 attendees into the 11:00 list and we will note in the minutes which members were at the 21:00 instance.

The proposed work around solves the 'double absence' issue if someone misses a single agenda, addresses the 'quorum dilution' issue and simplifies the attendance record.

BOTTOM LINE: I will update kavi such that the 21:00 meeting does not count toward voter eligibility, however we will utilize the work around procedures to record the attendees at 21:00 in the 11:00 record.  Despite what kavi says, you will be able to maintain your attendance record via the 21:00 meeting.

Misc note:  A couple of people asked me this out of band, so I think it is worth bringing up.
In the context of voting: Unless there is unanimous consent, a motion is not going to be carried at a TC meeting. Any potentially controversial motion will be done via ballot.

Given that we have 'split' times we can have a situation where we don't know if there are any objections or we have a quorum until 21:00.  In this case the process is:
If there are no objections, the motion will carry provided a quorum is reached and no objections are stated in the 21:00 meeting.

BTW, I envision electronic ballots unless it is really obvious that something is not objectionable.

Thank you

Very Respectfully

Joe Brule