Subject: Re: [openc2] Groups - OpenC2 Language Specification uploaded

Duncan – thanks for the heads up.

At this point, I’ve reviewed a lot of the google document and I’m concerned that we would push for a ballot on such raw text at this point.

The specification is not at the level it needs to be for a CSD ballot, in my opinion.

I suggest we consider resolving a lot more of the content in question/comments in the google document before spending time on a CSD. I have not seen resolution of many of the issues to my comments alone far less anyone elses comments. So therefore in all honesty I couldn’t say I would vote yes for this document as a CSD 1.0.

Regards

Allan

From: <openc2@lists.oasis-open.org> on behalf of Duncan Sparrell <duncan@sfractal.com>
Date: Wednesday, October 11, 2017 at 11:45 AM
To: "openc2@lists.oasis-open.org" <openc2@lists.oasis-open.org>

Submitter's message
The OpenC2 Language Subcommittee has been reviewing the OpenC2 Language Specification, which is currently a 150-page google doc at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1l7rIZl_I_zZb1FQOMYZkfUI04O7sNasZ-ozUvMn5SMU/. This gdoc contains both agreed-to text, and text still being debated.

The attached zip file contains 3 documents which contain the same 13-page content in 3 file formats (pdf, word, html). It only contains text that I believe the
Language Subcommittee has reached consensus (but not necessarily unanimous agreement) on.

I intend to make a motion at the Oct-18 TC meeting to approve this text as a Committee Specification Draft (CSD). My intent is to document what we have reached agreement on, and to draw out any issues we don’t realize we have. Note a CSD is a draft - we will be adding to this several times before we are ready for publishing as a verison 1.0.0 Specification. This document contains a lot of boilerplate and the substantive text is that it contains the list of agreed-to OpenC2 actions.

The motion will be something along the lines of:
"I move that the OASIS OpenC2 TC approve the OpenC2 Language Specification, Version 1.0.0, Working Draft revision 03 and all associated artifacts packaged together in (Link to this page) as a Committee Specification Draft and designate the PDF version of the specification as authoritative."

-- Mr. Duncan Sparrell

Document Name: OpenC2 Language Specification

Description
Open Command and Control (OpenC2) is a concise and extensible language to
enable the command and control of cyber defense components, subsystems
and/or systems in a manner that is agnostic of the underlying products,
technologies, transport mechanisms or other aspects of the implementation.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Mr. Duncan Sparrell
Group: OASIS Open Command and Control (OpenC2) TC
Folder: Working Drafts
Date submitted: 2017-10-11 11:44:35