Subject: Re: [openc2] Questions on Oasis Process

OpenC2 leadership –

I think we need to reset the tone of this group.

Bret was not the only person concerned about recent events. But whether he was or not, I don’t believe it is appropriate to single anyone out. I will speak for myself in that, I was asking for time to review and *contribute* further to the documents being asked for a vote on.

This is a standards body for technology and frankly, we have lost sight (or appears that way) on what we are trying to do.

We want to build a standard that represents a step forward in automated cybersecurity command and control.

It is important that we focus on the technical content of the standard and if people are raising issues about timing or lack of time to provide feedback then the group should be concerned about that.

Not because we are not following process or not. It’s more important the standard matches what we need than whether we followed the exact process.

So these questions on process, points of order….etc are really not helping us.

Quite the opposite. I would say we are not asking questions on the list about a command, what it means, how it should be implemented in a firewall, what’s the difference between mitigate and deny…..etc. Those are important questions.

Questions on process is an indication that we need to get back to the technology.

My request for time to review the 13-page language spec was exactly that. A request to provide further input and help provide further comments if needed. It wasn’t a stall tactic or a process game. But that appears to be the reaction and the response to my request.

Can we *please* get back to focusing on the technology and building a great standard for *everyone* that is involved.

Allan