Subject: Re: [openc2] Establish OpenC2 Technical Committee (TC) Working Call and Temporary Suspension of Implementation Considerations Subcommittee

Duncan,

Since Joe & Sounil apparently haven't had time to reply, I'll plug in my understanding.

The IC-SC included open source implementations in it's scope. How will that be handled while IC-SC is on hold?

I don't see anything in Joe's announcement that alters the IC-SC's role regarding implementations. Mostly I think it will be up to the co-chairs to keep themselves informed and current WRT things going on in the implementation space. Of late, there's not been much there requiring attention.

Is there a date or milestone  or amount of contributions that will be the point at which the IC-SC is reconvened?

I think the threshold for this will be the substantial completion of the Language Specification, so that the community has a reasonably stable OpenC2 definition for implementation. At that point the IS-SC's role is likely to gain greater importance.

I presume this action is the result of the requests made at the last TC meeting (overlap, too many meetings). Was it discussed at the IC-SC meeting (I confess I missed the last one)? Ie is this a decision by the IC-SC or the TC?

This was discussed among the co-chairs. It wasn't discussed at the last IC-SC meeting.

While on hold, is it still possible to advance topics thru contributions/googledocs/email/slack/wiki/discourse/etc or does suspension mean hold off on anything? Ie is it the SC being suspended or just the meetings?

Just the meetings, IMO. I would certainly still welcome contributions and conversations through channels other than monthly meetings, and remain available through all of the mechanisms you listed.

David P. LemireCISSP
OpenC2 Implementation Considerations SC Co-chair
Contractor support to NSA
Office: 301-575-5190

Duncan Sparrell
sFractal Consulting LLC