Subject: Re: [openc2] OpenC2 Happenings Week of 15 January 2018

Joyce/Jason – do you want comments in the google doc (my preference) or as comments in the doc contained in the zip file?

Please advise.

Allan

On 1/14/18, 8:08 PM, "openc2@lists.oasis-open.org on behalf of Ms. Joyce Fai" <openc2@lists.oasis-open.org on behalf of jlfai@nsa.gov> wrote:

    OpenC2 Technical Committee Members,

    General Announcements:
    The Language Subcommittee:  Presented Working Draft 2 of the Language specification to the Technical Committee for comment.  The working draft is located at https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/openc2/download.php/62311/oc2ls-v1.0-wd02.zip.  Please refer to the email sent by Jason Romano at Sunday, 14 January 2018, 10:47 am or contact the Language Subcommittee co-chairs for additional details.  Comments are requested by 26-Jan (prefer sooner) so comments may be incorporated and then a CSD rev 02 can be e-balloted starting 31-January.

    Calendar Entries:  Recall that we are transitioning our remote collaboration to Lucid Meetings (refer to email subject “OpenC2:  Transition to Lucid Meetings and Happenings for the week of 25 DEC 2017” Date sent: Thursday December 21).  Initially, we were going to have the monthly meeting that impacts voter eligibility on the OASIS calendar and all other meetings would transition to the Lucid calendar.  Based on some feedback received from members, for the transition period, we will list ALL of the meetings on the OASIS site (https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/openc2/calendar.php ) in addition to the Lucid calendar.  All of the details including remote participation procedures will be in the Lucid instance.

    Lucid Meeting Invitations:  You should receive email notifications for the Language Subcommittee meeting (for Tuesday January 16) and for the TC Monthly (for Wednesday January 17).  If you have not received invitations via Lucid emails, please notify Joe Brule or Joyce Fai ASAP and we will ensure that you are added.

    Coming This Week:

    Language Subcommittee (LSC) meeting will occur on Tuesday January 16 at 13:00 Eastern.
    The meeting will provide a concise summary of items discussed at the Face to Face and will begin deliberations on the next increment of the Language Specification (working draft 3).

    TC Monthly Meeting will occur on Wednesday January 17 at 11:00 and 21:00 Eastern.
    This meeting counts toward voter eligibility.  The agenda will include:
    •	Announcements
    •	Subcommittee updates
    •	Face to Face out briefing
    •	Future Face to Faces
    •	Language Subcommittee’s Working Draft 2

    At the F2F, AT&T presented an open source implementation of OpenC2. AT&T is determining the most appropriate GitHub repository, AT&T or OASIS GitHub. If the decision is for OASIS, then AT&T may make a motion to create two open source oasis repositories (one for the OpenC2 Python library and one for the OpenC2 Java library). Creating open source Oasis repositories requires approval of the TC.
    The co-chairs are in the process of finalizing the agenda. If there are topics that you want added to the agenda, please notify Joyce Fai and/or any of the co-chairs.

    Questions about OpenC2 and how to get involved:  contact Joe Brule (jmbrule@radium.ncsc.mil) and Sounil Yu (Sounil.yu@bankofamerica.com) or, Joyce Fai (joyce.fai@gd-ms.com).