Subject: RE: A call for objections: OASIS Open Repositories for OpenC2

OpenC2 Technical Committee,

We did not receive any objections to the formation of these three open repositories and the OASIS staff is in the process of creating.

I do need to identify an issue and please advise if you take issue with the proposed way forward.   The name " OC2Lycan-java " has an issue in that 'java' is actually copyrighted and OASIS has a rule against using copyrighted material in the repository names.  The OASIS staff is going to double check to see if it is OK to have the term 'java' in the repository name.  If so, then the name will be changed to " OC2Lycan-j"

Thank you, and BTW, I didn't know that Java was copyright, otherwise would have caught that in advance.

VR

Joe B

-----Original Message-----
From: Brule, Joseph M
Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2018 4:00 PM
To: OASIS OpenC2 List <openc2@lists.oasis-open.org>

OpenC2 Technical Committee,

A proposal to create three open repositories was discussed during the February 21 TC monthly meeting:
OC2Lycan-java:  A java library to be maintained by Mr. Blake Essing.  (Resolution located at https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/62580/OC2Lycan-Java.pdf )

OC2Lycan-python:  A python library to be maintained by Mr. Michael Stair (Resolution located at https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/62581/OC2Lycan-Python.pdf )
OC2Compat:  To capture and suggest implementation guidelines to be maintained by M. Michael Stair with Mr. Joshua Brule to act as technical advisor ( https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/62579/OC2Compat.pdf )

Please review the resolutions and state any objections no later than March 7, 2018.  If no objections are stated, then we will proceed to create the open repositories.

Thank you

Very Respectfully

Joe Brule