Subject: RE: [openc2] Groups - Resolution to create openc2-lycan-beam, an open source repository for erlang/elixir uploaded

I had done my previous repo (ocas) using Apache but I do like MIT better. I chose MIT for this one mainly because it's what AT&T picked for their library (the resolutions we just passed) and I was mimicking theirs.

Duncan Sparrell
sFractal Consulting LLC
iPhone, iTypo, iApologize

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [openc2] Groups - Resolution to create openc2-lycan-beam,
an open source repository for erlang/elixir uploaded
From: Robin Cover <robin@oasis-open.org>
Date: Thu, March 08, 2018 11:20 am
To: Duncan Sparrell <duncan@sfractal.com>
Cc: OASIS OpenC2 TC Discussion List <openc2@lists.oasis-open.org>

Duncan (and TC)

I have forwarded a copy of the repo proposal to Staff to see if we can expand the list of open source licenses supporting OASIS TC Open Repositoriees

The MIT licence is a great (permissive) license -- in my view -- and is a clear favorite for many open source projects hosted as GitHub public repositories

https://opensource.guide/legal/#which-open-source-license-is-appropriate-for-my-project
https://choosealicense.com/licenses/mit/

In 2015 (update?) MIT was the top choice

In any case: OASIS has a standing agreement to " periodically review other widely-used free and open source licenses for inclusion in the list [of supported licenses
for TC Open Repositories

The TC creating a TC Open Repository will select its Applicable License from among the following list: BSD-3-Clause License (which shall apply if the TC makes no license selection in its approval action); Apache License v 2.0; CC-BY 2.0; CC-BY 4.0; Eclipse Public License v 1.0. (OASIS periodically will review other widely-used free and open source licenses for inclusion in this list by amending these procedures.)

Current licenses:

I'll let you know.

- Robin